Our Value Statement
The City of Easton Fire Department is a team of professionals that serve with excellence, dedication, and pride. The members of the Easton Fire Department are committed to saving lives, protecting property, and improving the quality of life for our residents and visitors, by providing rapid and reliable services in all emergency and non-emergency activities.
We expect our work to make a difference in the quality of life in our city. To this end, we try to discover what is most important to do and focus our resources toward the greatest, most enduring benefit.
- Enhance the quality of life through prevention and education
- Deliver responsive and caring emergency services
- Mitigate emergencies and disaster
- Prevent the loss of life and protect property
- Enforce applicable codes and ordinances
- What is the regulation for recreational outdoor fires?
- What is the emergency telephone number in the City of Easton?
911 is the telephone number you should dial for Fire, Police, and EMS emergencies in the City of Easton.
- What number should I dial for non-emergency calls?
610-759-2200 will connect you to the Northampton County 911 center. This is for non-emergency calls for Fire, Police, and EMS in the City of Easton.
- How do I schedule a Fire Prevention / Public Relations Event with the City of Easton Fire Department?
You can call 610-250-6672 ask for the duty officer and schedule your event at your location or at any of our three fire stations.
- Can the fire department provide training on the use of a fire extinguisher?
Yes, we can provide fire extinguisher training for any group that requests. You can call 610-250-6672 ask for the duty officer and schedule your training at your location or at our Central Fire Station.
- Does the fire department provide smoke detectors?
Yes, we can provide smoke detectors for City residents in single-family occupancies. We will even install the smoke detectors for you. You can call 610-250-6672 ask for the duty officer and schedule your installation.
Be advised that quantities are limited and this is a first come, first serve program.
- I've heard about a new device called an "Automatic External Defibrillator" (AED). What is an AED?
An AED is a small basic life-saving device that is used to "Jump Start" your heart. This piece of equipment is carried on all front-line fire apparatus.
- Does the Easton Fire Department pump flooded basements?
Yes. Call 610-759-2200.
- Does the City of Easton Fire Department fill swimming pools?
- Are we allowed to burns leaves and other debris in the backyard?
No. Open burning is not allowed in the City except for food preparation and for certain controlled business operations. Call the Fire Department at 610-250-6771.