What should I do if garbage and debris is piling up on the lot or yard next door?

All buildings, lots, or premises must be kept free from any condition conducive to rodents, insects and other vermin. No person shall allow the accumulation of water, garbage, building material, brush, or other material that may attract rodents, insects, or other vermin. Call Codes at 610-250-6724 or the Bureau of Health at 610-250-6729. The City further monitors habitation of properties through the following: Moving Permit which must be secured from the Finance Department and Rental Property Tenant Form which must be provided and updated by the owner for use by the Rental Licensing Officer. Every owner who rents to any other person or entity must file each name and address with the Rental Licensing Officer at 610-250-2060. Call the Finance Department at 610-250-6614.

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a permit?
2. What do I do if a building seems unsafe and requires repairs and maintenance?
3. What if a neighboring yard is full of high weeds, along with weeds in gutters and tree wells, or the street trees have dangerous or broken limbs?
4. What if there is a "nuisance house" on the street and it is the source of all kinds of problems?
5. What if I live in an apartment that is infested with roaches?
6. What if my landlord doesn't provide smoke detectors in our building?
7. What should I do if garbage and debris is piling up on the lot or yard next door?
8. What should I do if a neighbor's home burglar alarm rings for hours?
9. Are we allowed to burns leaves and other debris in the backyard?
10. What should I do if I see garbage cans placed at the curb all the time?
11. What do I do about litter?
12. What about garbage that is overflowing and smells?
13. What about owners that don't clean up after dogs?