What about garbage that is overflowing and smells?

Garbage cans must be watertight and must have tight-fitting covers. Unreasonable accumulation of refuse on any property is a nuisance and a violation; Garbage should be stored in such a manner as not to attract rodents, insects, or other vermin; No person shall cause, allow, or permit the emission of noxious or offensive odor. Call Codes at 610-250-6724, or the Health Bureau at 610-250-6729.

Show All Answers

1. When do I need a permit?
2. What do I do if a building seems unsafe and requires repairs and maintenance?
3. What if a neighboring yard is full of high weeds, along with weeds in gutters and tree wells, or the street trees have dangerous or broken limbs?
4. What if there is a "nuisance house" on the street and it is the source of all kinds of problems?
5. What if I live in an apartment that is infested with roaches?
6. What if my landlord doesn't provide smoke detectors in our building?
7. What should I do if garbage and debris is piling up on the lot or yard next door?
8. What should I do if a neighbor's home burglar alarm rings for hours?
9. Are we allowed to burns leaves and other debris in the backyard?
10. What should I do if I see garbage cans placed at the curb all the time?
11. What do I do about litter?
12. What about garbage that is overflowing and smells?
13. What about owners that don't clean up after dogs?