The federal CARES Act will provide unemployment benefits to the self-employed and gig workers; provide additional weeks of benefits for those exhausting unemployment compensation; and will increase the total weekly amount paid for claimants. The PA Unemployment Compensation office will update their website with instructions on accessing these benefits as they receive guidance from the federal government. Please check this link HERE regularly for updated instructions and to find FAQs about unemployment compensation
You may be eligible if:
- Your employer temporarily closes or goes out of business because of COVID-19
- Your employer reduces your hours because of COVID-19
- You have been told not to work because your employer feels you might get or spread COVID-19
- You have been told to quarantine or self-isolate, or live/work in a county under government-recommended mitigation efforts
Apply: Online – it's the fastest and easiest way to get started
CARES Act & Landlord and Tenant Cases
For information regarding whether your eviction case is covered under the CARES Act §4024(b)(1)use this guide for cases heard between March 27 and July 25, 2020.
Information is from the Pennsylvainia Magisterial Distict Judges.
If you can’t pay your bill during this crisis, they will not cut off your electric service. They have also waived late payment charges for all customers, effective March 16, 2020.
Beyond that, a variety of payment assistance programs are available if you’re struggling to pay your bill during this time.
Service Electric has also made a commitment to join the ''Keep America Connected'' pledge to:
- Not terminate service to any residential or small business due to the inability to pay their bill.
- Waive late fees that residential or small business customers incur because of their economic circumstance related to the coronavirus pandemic.
- Open its Wi-Fi hotspots to everyone.
- Additionally, SECTV will offer free 10x5 Internet service for 90 days for new customers during this ongoing national emergency.
For more information on modem access and the 60-day financial grace period, please contact a SECTV Customer Service representative at:
Toll Free in PA (800) 232-9100
Toll Free in NJ (800) 225-9102