View Contact Info
How to Reach Us
What We Do
- Prepare, amend and implement the City's Comprehensive Plan
- Make recommendations to the Easton Planning Commission and City Council concerning the adoption or amendment of the official map
- Prepare and amend the City's Zoning Ordinance as well as its Subdivision and Land Development Ordinance.
- Make recommendations to governmental, civic and private agencies and individuals as to the effectiveness of land proposals.
- Hold public hearings and meetings, and present testimony before any board on relevant planning and land issues.
How We Do It
Significant coordination allows the Department to accomplish much of the work outlined by state planning law. Specifically, the Department works hand-in-hand with the other programs in the Department of Codes Enforcement, on zoning, property maintenance, health and Historic District Commission issues.
The Department works closely with neighborhood groups and other city departments including: Public Works, Police, Fire and Economic and Community Development. The Department represents Easton on the Lehigh Valley Planning Commission and Lehigh Valley Transportation Study. Staff also participates in a number of professional and allied professional bodies on behalf of the City including Lehigh Valley Chamber of Commerce Transportation Committee, Lehigh Valley Economic Development Corporation's LVLRI Board, Renew Lehigh Valley, Urban Land Institute, Lehigh Valley Satellite of the Pennsylvania Planning Association and Delaware & Lehigh National Heritage Corridor.
|Admin Office Codes||(610) 250-6724|
|Stephen Nowroski||Director of Planning||(610) 250-6723|
|Carl Manges||Chief Planner / Zoning Administrator||(610) 250-6609|
|Sharbel Koorie||Chief Code Administrator||(610) 250-6746|
|Joe Gill||Health Administrator||(610) 250-6729|
|Julie Klabunde||Junior Foreman||(610) 250-6608|