Are you interested in volunteering your time to help make the City of Easton a greener, more livable, environmentally friendly community? Help improve your surroundings by joining the Easton Environmental Advisory Council, and become part of a team dedicated to tackling issues related to green spaces, transportation, energy, recycling, and more.
Easton is seeking applications from interested residents to fill several current vacancies on the EAC. Non-member volunteers and helpers are also welcomed.
Vacancies are filled by appointment of the Mayor subject to City Council approval. Residency in the City of Easton is required.
The EAC normally meets the first Tuesday of each month at 6 pm, on the 3rd Floor City Hall Conference Room. Meetings are open to residents. Meetings during COVID-19 are conducted via Zoom.
Easton EAC responsibilities include:
• Identify environmental issues, research solutions, and make recommendations to Easton City Council and City of Easton departments and administration.
• Recommend plans and programs to the appropriate agencies for the promotion and conservation of the City’s natural resources and for the protection and improvement of the quality of the environment within the City of Easton.
• Make recommendations as to the possible use of open land areas and/or environmentally sensitive lands within the City of Easton.
• Promote community environmental programs and educate the public regarding the urban forest, city-wide cleanup activities, recycling programs, and other events and/or programs.
• Provide input for all open areas, publicly or privately owned, including, but not limited to, flood-prone areas, swamps, wetlands, and other unique natural areas.
• Provide comment on environmental issues related to citywide plans and proposals, as requested.
Members commit to attend the monthly meetings which run about 90 minutes. In addition, on average, members spend another 4-5 hours each month on EAC business. This time commitment can vary depending on the EAC’s work at any given time.
If you are interested, please send an email to EAC Chairperson Ian Kindle at firstname.lastname@example.org with a 2-3 paragraph statement of your background and interest.