Dog Park Rules & Regulations
To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all park users and their dogs, patrons are expected to understand and strictly adhere to the following rules and regulations. Those found in violation will lose dog park privileges and may be subject to fines or other enforcement actions.
- Dog Park Hours: Open dawn to dusk weather permitting
- The dog park is for dogs, their handlers, and those accompanying them. No other use is allowed.
- Use of the dog park is at your own risk. Each owner is solely responsible for their actions and the actions of their dog. Patrons assume all liability for damages suffered by any person or dog injured by their dog
- No smoking, alcohol, food, glass containers, strollers, bicycles, scooters, or skateboards are permitted in the dog park.
- Patrons are required to leave all food and special toys at home. These may cause territorial or aggressive behaviors, posing a safety risk to other dogs and handlers.
- For the protection of children and dogs, children under the age of 10 are not allowed inside the dog park. Any person under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- Dogs are to remain leashed at all times while outside of the dog park and also while entering and exiting the dog park. Handlers must keep a leash in their possession at all times.
- The Hugh Moore Park dog park is divided into separate areas. Dogs weighing less than 30 lbs must use the Small Dog Area. Dogs weighing over 30 lbs must use the Large Dog Area.
- Dogs less than 6 months of age, unneutered male dogs and female dogs in season, aggressive, unruly, fearful, and under-socialized dogs are not permitted in the park. Dogs having received a PA Dog Law Citation for aggressive behavior are also not permitted in the park.
- Patrons are required to clean up after their dogs. All waste must be bagged and disposed of properly in trash receptacles.
- Patrons must accompany and monitor dogs closely. Dogs must be in view of, and under voice command, of their handlers at all times.
- Patrons are expected to leash their dog and exit the park immediately if their dog is acting aggressively or fearfully toward people or other dogs.
- No more than two dogs per patron are permitted at one time.
- Patrons are responsible to ensure their dog does not dig holes or cause damage to park trees or property.
- Prong, pinch, choke, spike, and electric collars are not permitted in the dog park. They pose a safety risk to dogs and people.
- All dogs entering the dog park must be healthy, be up to date on all vaccinations, and must wear a collar displaying their current rabies tag and dog license as required by Pennsylvania law. Dogs with contagious health conditions are not permitted in the park.
- The park may not be utilized for private use or gain which includes but is not limited to, instruction, training, or solicitation activities or events of any type without the written approval of the City of Easton Recreation Bureau.
- The park may be closed intermittently due to poor site conditions or maintenance activities. During such times the City will endeavor to post a notice in advance.
- All rules are subject to change without notice as deemed necessary for the safety and well-being of dogs and their handlers.
- For all emergencies please dial 911. For all non-emergencies please dial 610-759-2200. Any serious dog bite should be reported promptly to the police. Patrons are encouraged to contact the City Recreation Bureau at 610-250-6711 or email with any questions or concerns about the dog park.
Remember: Dog parks are not the place to take your dog for socialization. Dog parks are a place to take socialized dogs